Proceedings will not be made, but most of the initial results papers will
be submitted to the PASJ Hinode special issue (see below).
Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan (PASJ)
Hinode Special Issue
- Deadline of submission: end of 2007 May. We will process manuscript submitted after the deadline, but late submission has a lower probability of meeting the following (harder) deadline of accepted manuscript.
- Deadline of accepted manuscript: 2007 September 3
- Page limit: six pages, in order to expedite the refereeing (and manuscript preparation). Since six pages plus one or two extra lines makes an eight-page paper when printed, you do not have to be very strict about the six-page limit. However, excessively long papers may be postponed to a later issue of PASJ as a regular paper.
- Handling editor: T.Yokoyama (U.Tokyo)
- Guest editors: T.Sakurai (NAOJ) and K.Shibata (Kyoto U.)
- Publication: end of 2007 November
- Latex macros and other information are available at http://www.asj.or.jp/pasj/. Excerpts from their instructions are as follows:
- Prepare your manuscript using PASJ's Latex style file.
- Main text and figure(s) should be prepared as separate files.
- The figure files should be named systematically like author_fig1.eps, author_fig2.eps, etc.
- Only PostScript(PS) and EncapusulatedPostScript(EPS) formats are acceptable as a figure file. They should not include binary data, thumbnails, or preview images.
- Prepare a "README" file that contains the following information.
0) Please identify that the manuscript is a new submission for the Hinode Special Issue.
1) The name of the sender.
2) The contact address of the sender (address, phone, fax, and email address).
3) The title of the manuscript and the list of the authors.
4) A list of the files that will be sent.
5) The computer environment used to generate the files (either Windows, MacOS, or Unix/Linux), together with the names of software used to generate the figure files.
6) A list of candidate referees and their email addresses.
- Submit the files by email to "email@example.com" by the following order.
1. README file as the main body of the mail, not as file attachment.
2. Body (latex file)
3. Figures (may be compressed by GZIP or combined and compressed by TAR+GZIP)
4. The SUBJECT field of the mail should include the name or initial of the sender, the name of the file, and the sequence number of the message.
mail1 - Name:README(1/5)
mail2 - Name:Body.tex(2/5)
mail5 - Name:Figure3.eps(5/5)
- In case figure files are too big to be sent by email, you may place them on your ftp site and indicate its address in the README.
- After all the files are received successfully, the acknowledgement message will be sent to the sender within one or two workdays.
- Page charges: The information on the PASJ WEB is obsolete and currently the page charges are 4515 yen/page if a member of ASJ is in the authors. Otherwise a higher rate of 5985 yen/page may be applied, but this might be negotiable so that in case none of the authors are ASJ members, please let me (Sakurai) know.
- Costs of color figures: The information on the PASJ WEB is obsolete and currently the color print charges are 26250 yen/page (not per figure but per page).
- Mpeg movie files will be able to be included in the electronic version of the paper, with a charge of 4515 yen/file. The details will be announced later on the PASJ WEB.